Monday, June 30, 2014

After this is all said and done... I'm taking a nap...

Hello everyone! sorry for the HUGE delay in updates on how things have been going over at Winter Stories Studio, LLC.  so here we go!

First off Run Frosty Run is insanely close to launching! like hopefully i'll submit it to iTunes within the next few days.  right now i'm just finishing up coding in app purchases and posting highscores and Snowman Selfies to Facebook. (See our other blog if your hungry for a more detailed update on Run Frosty Run   http://wssdeveloperdiary.blogspot.com  )


now for a quick update on date on the advertising front. i've found a couple sites that have really affordable indie game advertising prices. and i think I'm going to use those instead of chart boost. heres why.

Chartboost has a MINIMUM $100 per day advertising fee and they said expect that to go over by about 10% . this means (at $0.50 per install that 100 could get me at most 200 installs. now if this was a paid game that wouldn't be so bad but I'm assuming not everyone is going to buy any in app purchases.  maybe 10% of those people will. so for 100 bucks i predict i'd make about 20 bucks...

now these online advertising places i've found have told me that have between 50K - 80K unique IP visitors a month. and for 100 dollars i can have an add displayed on there site for a full month. thats a lot more face time and potential sells. so i think for sure I'm gonna go that route.

i've also been continuing to hit up the online forums and such. as well as Twitter. I hit 71 followers today... and then immediately dropped down to 70...twitter is a fickle fickle friend.... but still my followers are slowly growing and my game is getting a bit more attention. More attention like this!! ( http://okgamedev.com/2014/06/winter-stories-studio-releases-run-frosty-run-trailer-also-giveaway-promo-for-other-games/  ) one of my friends i met at the Oklahoma Game Developers Meetup is a guy named Zachary. Zach runs this website called Ok Game Dev. and he basically post reviews / previews for games developed in Oklahoma. (theres a lot More than you would think.) anyway he posted an article above showing of my new trailer (which is not great but I'm not a video guy... ) and we've also teamed up to give away several codes for our older games.  Other than that theres a pretty big something something coming up for us but I'm not sure i can talk about it yet. i'll post on twitter and Facebook as soon as I'm able to. (what everyone likes it when batmans all mysterious....why not me? I'm kinda like bat man...with more fat, less muscle and no crime fighting skills...)  anyway thats what i've been up to.

Fingers crossed next week i'll be able to tell you guys all about sending the game to iTunes and (hopefully) Android.'
as always thanks for stopping by and please leave me a comment below and if you haven't yet liked us on Facebook or followed us on Twitter please do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment